Monday, January 15, 2018

Voir la vie en rose : an Art Journal page spread

Hello !

The project I will present to you today was inspired by two things. First, looking on the technique side, by Birgit Koopsen. Love her bright and cheerful work. On the other hand, by the sight we should have on our lives. The past year was pretty full. Good and bad. Like for everybody else. And this year will be too, even if I hope for the best. What I can change is how I see things. Like seeing the world through rose colored glasses. That is the title of my art journal spread : voir la vie en rose...


I started by spraying ink on the pages, then built the background with stencils (Art is... , tatting, In love),stamps (water droplets, hearts...)and more inks...When I was done, I draw the flowers and the title with a black pen and then use heavy white gesso to cover everything but the designs.


As you can see, there a lot of pink here ! Distress pink, pigment ink, fushia too... I even use a silver gel pen to color the droplet.



I've could use black gesso or opaque dark color paint instead of white gesso, but I wanted to let the background peek a little bit through the coverage, so...

Voir la vie en rose see through pink glasses) is not sugar coat things. It's about choosing to see the good, bright side of life. How will grab 2018 ? Do not let the dark side insinuate in you...

Here is some of the affiliate products I used in this journal spread. I wish you a wonderful day and see you soon for another project !



No comments:

Post a Comment